HOME / SHOT PEENING / On-site Shot Peening
On-site Shot Peening
Curtiss- Wright Surface Technologies can perform on-site shot peening of large components whose sizes exceed shipping limitations or which are installed on foundations. Our field crews perform on-site shot peening worldwide to the same quality standards as our processing centers. Field crews utilizes Almen strips, coverage verification & certified peening media to achieve the same high level of quality.
More customers are requesting on-site shot peening to use our robotic equipment.
On-site Shot Peening Projects
Examples of on-site shot peening projects that CWST Company has performed successfully include:
- Welded fabrications (pressure vessels, crusher bodies, ship hulls, chemical storage tanks, bridges)
- Aircraft component overhaul & repair (wing sections, landing gear, other dynamically loaded components, corrosion removal)
- Power plant components (heat exchanger tubing, turbine casings, rotating components, large fans)
- Plastic pellet transfer facilities for directional peening
- Miscellaneous processing plants (steel mills, paper mills, mining facilities)
Through our on-site capability, we help customers avoid the logistics and costs of shipping oversize equipment and minimize equipment down time.