Engineered High-Performance Coating Services
Curtiss-Wright Surface Technologies has experience in all key industries such
as aerospace, power generation, automotive, oil and gas and medical with
facilities offering specialist engineered coatings and surface technology
services for components of all sizes and complexity, including repair and
overhaul services for gas and steam turbine components.
We help you select the right coatings to meet your design challenges, lower
the cost of ownership or enhance the performance of your products. Selection
of the proper coating can enable the use of less expensive materials, improve
part anti-corrosion life and reduce maintenance costs.
Full industry and OEM customer approvals are available.
Download CWST Brochure
Our Range of Industrial Protective Coatings
Thermal Spray – Providing thermal management, corrosion, wear and erosion for component
protection and repair of turbine components:
- Atmospheric Plasma Spray (APS)
- High Velocity Oxy Fuel (HVOF )
- Flame Spray
- Electric Arc
- Thermal Diffusion
Laser & PTA Cladding/Hardfacing – Outer diameter & inner diameter cladding to enhance surface technology.
These technologies help with corrosion, wear and erosion for component
protection and repair of components from industries including Mining, Oil and
Gas, Refining, and Aerospace.
Solid Film Lubricant and Liquid Component Coatings –
Long lasting lubrication in harsh operating conditions and to prevent friction
and galling. Learn more about different types of solid film lubricants.
- Zinc Rich
- PROCOAT 100
Additional Engineered Coating Services
- Repair and overhaul of gas and steam turbine components
- Dedicated R&D team and facility to provide specialized and customized coating solution.
- Laser cladding, brazing and post finishing are available.
- Laboratory testing and process verification including Salt Spray Corrosion testing, magnetic induction, coating weight, cure, adhesion to ASTM D2510 or D3359 and E. Holiday testing to NACE SP0188.
- NACE Level 3 inspection service to advice on the best pre-treatment, process and curing phases for coating applications.
- Trade coatings:
- Everlube®, Microseal® , Flurene Lube-Lok®, Lubri-Bond®, Ecoalube®, Ever-Slik®, Esnalube®, Perma-Slik®, Electrobond®, and Formkote®, Xylan/Xylar, Sermagard, Molykote, Halar, Teflon, Rilsan, Zinga, Gleitmo®.
- Sacrificial aluminium coatings – IP9183 – Snecma DMR 74-052 (Application to DMP16-049).
- Diffusion Coatings
- Pre-treatments (including Ti Anodising, Phosphate Conversion Coating and Chilled Iron Blasting, Aluminum Oxide Blasting) and vapour degreasing (components up to 1 tonne).